Monday, August 1, 2011

Bling Bling!

We had some nice family time this weekend.  Saturday morning Heath went golfing with a friend while Sis and I went for a nice walk and stopped at a park to enjoy the swings.  She loved them!  After her nap, we spent the rest of the day running around West Des Moines.  One of our stops was Jordan Creek to get Alexandria's ear pierced.  Yes, we did it!  I held her while daddy ran the video camera.  I was waiting for this loud pop sound, because that's all I remember from when I had mine done when I was young.  The only thing we heard was her hysterical cry.  I felt horrible!  Thankfully, she only cried for maybe a couple minutes and then she was completely fine.  She has slept fine and has not bothered them once.  They look so pretty and make her look like such a little girl now...no longer our baby.  :(  After we enjoyed a delicious supper at Granite City we headed to Toys 'R Us for some birthday shopping. 
Today we have played a lot!  Sis is now getting into chase, especially with daddy.  She also likes to "jump" into pillows and on our bed.  She is also "talking" a lot more and seems to understand more than we know!  She loves reading books and now has a favorite, "Little Quacks ABC's".  I usually read it about 3 times a day, but don't mind at all.  She is now climbing the whole flight of stairs and is very interested in daddy's drum set...we may have another future drummer on our hands.
Ma & Da took me out to Granite City to make up for the torture.
Cheese Maaa!!!!
You're driving me crazy !!!!!!
Which sticks should I use?
Dad is it ok just to use my hands like John Bonham
(Led Zeppelin)?
Oh ya, much better.
Quack Quack!!!!
Playing games with Mama.
This is the way the stork brings babies now-a-days (safety first).

No comments:

Post a Comment