Thursday, September 1, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!!!!

This last weekend I took a girls trip to Las Vegas and it was a blast!  I had a great time, but was so ready to come back home to my family.  I have not left my family for that long, so it was a little difficult, but it was good for me!  Heath was Mr. Mom while I was gone and did a fantastic job!  I felt guilty for leaving, so I made sure there were meals prepared, house was clean, laundry done, and a small "to-do's" list for while I was gone.  We left last Thursday and got in late, so we didn't do much that night.  Friday we spent the whole day at the pool relaxing and taking in the hot sun.  It got up to 112 degrees while we were there!  That evening we ate at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and took in some of the sites.  Saturday I spent the day walking around with a couple of the girls.  I didn't realize Vegas has so much to see and such good shopping!  The hotels were unreal!  We checked out the newest hotel, the Cosmopolitan, which has been there just since Dec.  It was awesome!  Later on we met up with the rest of the girls and got ready to head out for the night.  Saturday evening was probably the most fun night!  We ate at the Sugar Factory, which is right across from the Bilagio.  It was great and we could watch the water show while we ate!  The Sugar Factory has a restaurant on one half and a candy shop on the other half.  We got all excited because one of the managers approached us and said that Kelly Rowland (previous singer with Beyonce' in Destiny's Child) would be there in 10-15 min. and would be sitting right behind us.  Well, she never came and later we found out that she got the food to-go.  She was scheduled to perform upstairs in the Chateau Club, which we had free passes to.  We checked it out, but it was just way to packed, so we just hung out in the restaurant for the rest of the evening.  We did get to see Kelly Rowland, she walked right behind us when she was on her way to her performance, so that was cool!  We weren't quick enough to get a pic, plus she had tons of bodyguards around her.  Sunday we did some more walking around and did a little gambling.  I limited myself to $20 and lost it all.  :(  That evening I went and saw Mystere with a couple of the girls, which was fantastic!  It was full of acrobatics, which I just love!  We spent our last evening at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar".  It was a fun place!  Monday was our travel day back home...we were all very tired.  It's crazy how you lose all track of time while you are out there...it is truly the city that NEVER sleeps!  Heath and Alexandria surprised me at the airport!!  I was so excited to see them!  Tuesday I spent the day at home to play with Alexandria and just have some mommy-daughter time.  I missed her like crazy!  I've decided I don't want to go anywhere for awhile, but I do want to go back to Vegas for sure!  I think that place could become addictive!  Next time Heath is coming too!!! 



Our Pool

Our Hotel

Pretty fountain sculpture in Caesar's Palace


Front of Caesar's Palace

Eifel Tower Restaurant


Playboy Club...didn't go there, but had to get a pic!

Beautiful blown glass on the ceiling of the Bilagio


Liberty Bell in the Bilagio Gardens

Artwork made out of fresh flowers


Cool looking tree in the Bilagio Gardens

This crystal beading was all over the ceilings in the new Cosmopolitan hotel


Big shoe in Cosmopolitan!

LeighAnn, Me, Momma Nancy, Christina, and Amber

No Vegas trip is complete without Elvis!!!!

This guy was amazing!  Stood completely still like a statue and then would move like a robot and make cool sounds!

Nothing like a cheesecake sundae at 3:00 a.m.!!!!


The Mirage volcano show

At Toby Keith's Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment