Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Class of 96

This past weekend was my 15 year H.S. class reunion back in Radcliffe during Summerfest.  I was so excited for it too as I helped plan it and spent most of the week prior getting ready for it such as: making phone calls, packing up the van, buying supplies for our float, etc.  I also knew that 2 of my good H.S. friends were planning on being there that I haven't seen in 10+ years, so that made it even extra special!  Friday evening we met at Shane's and a few of us put together the float.  Rachel made some nice signs to hang on the front and back of the rack, we blew up balloons and put streamers down the sides.  We were kind of nervous during the decorating because it started to rain and as far as we knew there wasn't any rain in the forecast...whatever!  So, we found a place to store it overnight until the parade the next day.  We had our candy, squirt guns, and silly string all ready to go!
Saturday morning came and very few people showed up to be in the parade.  We had a total of 7 classmates on the float plus 2 in the truck that was pulling us.  Oh well, we were going to make the best of it and planned to soak any classmates along the parade route that should have been on the float!  While waiting in line for the parade to start it started pouring rain.  All we could do was sit there and laugh.  We did round up a couple of umbrellas to huddle under until the parade got going...because it still went on...rain and all!  I was concerned because I knew my family was along the parade route waiting for us to go by.  So much for soaking everyone to cool them off...the rain did that for us!  Our float got ruined, we were wet, no one really showed up, and no one really cared that we had squirt guns since they were already soaked.
After the parade, we all met back at Shane's place, grilled, got caught up, and watched the kids soak one of our classmates with water balloons.  It was so stinkin' hot out that halfway through the afternoon I started feeling not so well.  We headed back to Renae's house to check on the kiddos and get out of the sun.  I really started feeling icky.  We went back to my mom's house and by the time we got there I really didn't feel well.  I thought it was just the heat, but I believe I had a stomach bug because I couldn't really eat anything from Sat. afternoon until Sun. evening.  By this time I was thinking that I wasn't going to be able to go the street dance, which was also part of our reunion. I was so looking forward to it and I opted out and stayed at my mom's due to my stomachache.  Boy, so much for celebrating my 15-year reunion....I was so bummed.  Heath went in my place, so I was well represented!  Grandma, Wendy, Patty, Uncle Kenny, Aunt Marilyn, Brandon and Jess all came over so I did get to visit with them which was nice.  
Sunday was the Dougan family reunion.  We didn't stay long there because it was Alexandria's nap time and I still wasn't feeling well.  Kade had a good time spending the weekend with Grandma Renae and taking part in the festivities.  He played Minute To Win It and came in 2nd place.  He also got to drive a golf cart around town, which he thought was pretty cool!  

Class of 1996.
Sorry to bother you, I just wanted a picture for the blog.
Trying to stay dry at the parade.
Shane keeping the kids occupied during the reunion lunch.
Kade sniping some cans.
Sis taking Grandma Renae's wagon for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment