Friday, February 17, 2012

Officer Main is in the House!!!

After 6 years of hard work, persistence, and dedication to his chosen profession...it has FINALLY paid off!  Heath was offered a position as a Correctional Officer at the Fort Dodge prison this past week and accepted.  He was one of 5 hired out of at least 40 interviewed.  I'm so happy for him!!  With this change comes many other changes ahead for us.  His hours will be 2-10pm Wed-Sun., which means we won't see daddy Wed-Fri. every week.  We will get Sat. and Sun. mornings and Mon. and Tues. evenings with him.  Of course, one of the first questions from everybody was, "Are you going to move?"  The answer to that is we are going to get our house ready to sell.  We have some work to do and our goal is to have it on the market this spring sometime.  We plan to move to Ames eventually which will make our lives much easier and the kids will get to see their daddy more.  It is kinda sad that Heath has to give up the band since he will work every weekend, but that is just one of the sacrifices to be made to pursue his career.  His foot is in the door and we are so proud of him!!!


I want to thank all my friends and family for their support. There were times when I was down, thinking my break would never come and your interest in my journey was all it took to give me hope. I have to give major love and thanks to my wife, I couldn't ask for a better support system. Love you Babe. - Heath


This is an old picture but it's still funny.Thanks for the gun Kade.

No comments:

Post a Comment