Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snow?? In February???

Ankeny finally looks like a winter wonderland.  We had our first real measurable snow fall on Saturday, I believe around 4 inches.  It was such a pretty snowfall too...the big, heavy, wet flakes...perfect for snowmen and snow ball fights!  The kids and I stayed home all day while daddy worked.  Kade enjoyed shoveling the drive and making a huge snowman in the backyard.  Sis was quite angry that she didn't get to go outside and play.  I haven't bought any snow boots or pants for her because we haven't needed them.  I felt horrible keeping her in, but she enjoyed watching Kade roll the snow for the snowman. 
Sunday we made it to church and to Jordan Creek for a short trip so Kade could get his I-Pod fixed.  Later, we headed down to the Joneses for a little Super Bowl Party!  We stuck around for the first half and then had to put Sis to bed.  We really didn't care who won...personally, I was more into the food and watching the Jones kids entertain Alexandria.  Thanks to the Joneses for all the wonderful food and hospitality!!

Old school snow blower.
Let's dance & sing, it's time to go to church.
Does the orange go with my jammies?
These must be Kade's, he's the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment