Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to spend it with all of our family!  We had an early Thanksgiving with Heath's family at Shawndra's and were able to spend a day with them.  It was nice just relaxing, chatting and watching Alexandria follow their cat around.  The night before Thanksgiving we hung out at Dad and Brenda's and enjoyed some wine, conversation, and yummy food.  We were able to take Alexandria out to my mom's later in the evening so we could actually sit and relax instead of making sure she wasn't getting into anything.  I went to mom's with Steph and the boys while Brad and Heath headed uptown with the rest of the gang for some more pre-Thanksgiving celebration.  Thanksgiving Day was spent at my mom's house where Grandma, Wendy and Uncle Warren were able to join us too!  It was a nice relaxing day with football, tons of great food, and checking the Black Friday ads!  That afternoon we all took a trip to the farm to see all of Brandon and Jess' critters and to check out the updates to their home.  Hopefully we'll be able to get Alexandria up on one of their horses next summer!
I braved Black Friday again by myself and got some good deals and a good start on Christmas gifts.  I didn't run into any craziness, thank goodness!  It is never as crazy as what most people make it out to be, but maybe that is because I don't go out at midnight?!  When I got home, Heath and Kade went and got a Christmas tree.  I spent most of the evening digging out all of my Christmas decor and decorating the tree.  Alexandria had a difficult time going to bed that evening because she knew I was up to something downstairs.  I brought her down a couple times and each time she just oooo'd and ahhhh'd over the lights and the tree.  She has been pretty good around the tree...we'll see how she does once there are presents under it!    
Chilling.
The definition of chilling (Mike had a knee scope done).
Sis loved dessert.
Kade & Jaxson filled in some holes to pass the time.
The Gamblers.
Jess & Brandon gave us a tour of the homestead. This is the horse pen, any questions?
Brad & Holden straying from the tour for a photo opt.

No comments:

Post a Comment