Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fevers, Virus, Double Ear Infection, Drs.....OH MY!

Yes...we have had ALL of this going on in our house this past week.  It all started on Tuesday when I left work early because I wasn't feeling right and to beat the blizzard.  I was down and out from Tuesday thru Thursday evening with a fever, sore throat, headache, and body aches...ick!  Luckily, I had planned for someone to see my patients on Wednesday for fear I wouldn't make it in due to the "storm of the century" heading our way.  It did end up being quite the blizzard with an accumulation of almost 8 inches here in Ankeny.  We didn't get hit near as bad as southeast Iowa where they got a whopping 17 inches.  Anyways, I ended up going to the Dr. on Thursday pretty much at the request of Alexandria's daycare provider...and I wanted to rule out that I didn't have influenza since Alexandria couldn't have the flu shot.  I got tested for influenza and strep, which were both negative.  As I got better towards the end of the week, Heath started feeling under the weather.  The only positive spin on being sick this past week was that my shoulder got some much needed rest too! Alexandria started with a runny nose and cough again Friday evening, so I was immediately worried about her ear infection being back. 
Devon stopped by for a short visit on his way down to Des Moines on Saturday, which was nice...we even got to meet his prom date!  Saturday evening I was ready to get out of the house, so Kade, Alexandria, and I met the Cathcarts at church and then went to their house for pizza.  The boys had fun playing together and entertaining Alexandria.  Heath had to miss out on the fun since he woke up with a fever that morning. 
This morning I took Alexandria to the Dr. to get her ears looked at and sure enough her double ear infection had returned.  The Dr. put her on a stronger antibiotic this time which will hopefully do the trick.  This evening we watched the first half of the Super Bowl down at the Joneses and then had to come home to get Miss Alexandria in bed.  The Jones clan took their turns holding and entertaining Alexandria...she is NEVER short on attention!  Well, I have to say that I'm happy the way the game turned out...way to go Packers!!!!!  Heath couldn't stand seeing either team on "his field" and can't wait for all the champion talk to be done with.  There is always next year, honey!?  
Hopefully next week I'll have a more positive title for the blog as we get back on the road to full health. 

It's hard to be so cute!
My outfit from Lois.

Have to admit this is a self portrait.
Bug building a fort.

Jaxson & Alexandria

  

1 comment:

  1. Hope everyone is feeling better now! :) Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete