Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012!!!!!

Our New Year's weekend started out with my work Christmas party, which was held at the Des Moines Golf & Country Club.  I have been with Accelerated Rehab now for 8 years and we've never had a Christmas party, so this was quite a treat!  It was a formal party, so I actually dug out a skirt and Heath got all dudded up with shirt and tie.  We were excited about the party because of it simply being a night out, free meal and drinks!!!  How can you beat that?? Plus, Nana and Papa Hendricks came down to babysit and play with Alexandria.  From what we hear, she was a hoot!  Thanks, Mom and Mike!!  The party was pretty fun because I got to see a lot of previous co-workers from when I worked in Urbandale and my previous student who now works in Altoona.  We enjoyed a lovely meal, cocktails, and a little dancing.  They had a raffle drawing for prizes with the proceeds going to the Heart Connection for Children's Cancer.  Heath and I got lucky with us both winning prizes...I won a gift certificate for the Bonefish Grill (which we love!) and Heath won Bose earbuds (which is perfect for him to listen to all of his music!). 
New Year's Eve was spent getting all the Christmas decor put away and the tree taken down.  I forget every year the mess that it makes and all the work it takes.  I guess I will remember again next year when I drag it all back out!  We did not do a thing on New Year's Eve night...which was fine with me.  We grilled steaks, played with Alexandria, and watched a movie.  I am happy to report that I did see the ball drop this year in NYC (so 11pm here) and then went to bed.  Heath then went down to the Joneses to bring in the New Year since I was a party pooper.
Sunday and Monday were just spent hangin' at home.  Alexandria and I were all by ourselves on Monday since daddy had to work.  We did A LOT of playing!  She is really turning it on lately and getting to be more fun everyday.  She is also turning into a little love bug, which we just hate...NOT!  She loves to cuddle up with us in the evening with her favorite new blanket (thanks Aunt Jess and Uncle Brandon!) and read books.  Her favorite new game is chase, which gets her so excited and very giggly!     
We wish everyone a very happy and healthy 2012!!!



Hamball anyone?
Sis loves to read books.
Mr & Mrs. Main
Sis entertaining Grandpa.
Cheese.
Al rocking the Star!!!
Knock em down Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment