Saturday, August 18, 2012

Turning to a Man.


August 13,1993 God blessed me with my first child.  Couldn't have asked for a better way to start my senior year of high school.  I many times think of how I wished I would have made smarter decisions and not started my journey into adulthood at the age of 17 but, then I think about all the wonderful things and experiences I would have missed out on. Ya, I could have always had these later in life but then I would not have had the wonderful big hearted lug I am so honored to call my son, Devon.  Looking back on the journey now I would not trade all the struggles of being a young dad  for the opportunity to wait on parenthood.  Devon loves to work and hunt in his spare time.  He does towing and recovery for Butch's Amaco in Ames.  He recently moved out with a couple buddies and rents a house in Maxwell. Devon  continuously amazes me with his big heart and stature.  I never thought he would grow up to tower over me but, ya it happened.  Here is a journey down memory lane.  Happy Birthday Devon Alexander, we love you to pieces and think the world of the man you are turning into.


Baby Debo (8-1993).
Devon & Breezy.
Devon & Jake.
Look at those little monkeys.

Forgot about this one. One of my favorites.



Glad to have this one.
My boys clean up well.
Devon's B-day, Colts cake.
I wish I had that hair. Another favorite.
At the hockey game.
Tree Hunter.
Nice Cowboys Gear. What happened to the Colts & Ravens?

Looks serious.
All time favorite.
Just a winner.

Pheasant season.

Makes me smile!!!
The boys with half a day old Sis.
Security at its finest.
You want some of this?
The boys and Billie at L-Hwy Days.
Can't tell Kade loves his big brother can ya?
Happy 16th Debo.
Dev with baby Holden.
Proud to have this stud stand up with me.
Yes, these are my handsome boys and no one else gets them.
Prom. Devon is made for a suit.


Kade was so happy his big Bro made it.
Yes, the 19 yr. old is the tallest of the Main Gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment